One time I bought corn. It wasn't very good. The worm that was in it should have been the first sign, but I went ahead, cut that part out, cleaned it, cooked it...no bueno. But it was definitely an experience.
Aside from the corn incident, we had another 'pretty dang exciting' (insert Nacho Libre voice) week this week. We had 4 baptisms for the ward, 3 kids, and one YSA. It was so exciting for them! The kids all bore really sweet testimonies, and the YSA was baptized by her boyfriend. They are excited to go to the temple and be sealed in one year. Hurray for eternal marriage!
Sunday we had a GREAT turn out at church! Our Indian family came, and we had yet another awesome Gospel Principles lesson. This time, we were talking about agency. That’s one thing I don't really love as a missionary...people's agency to either come to church, or instead stay home and watch the FIFA world Cup that is going on. I mean, I guess a soccer game could be as exciting as the sacrament, but let's be honest- we can't be cleansed while we watch sweaty dirty people running around on a grass field. But when we use our agency wisely, we can grow closer to the Spirit and to our Heavenly Father.
We also talked about prayer a lot this week. One of our quotes we used was "If the Devil says you cannot pray when you are angry, tell him it is none of his business, and pray until that species of insanity is dispelled and serenity is restored to the mind." -Brigham Young. AWWW YEAHHH, You tell it, Brigham Young! We have been teaching our investigators and less actives that it doesn't matter where we are, what we are doing, even if it's not very good, our Father in Heaven wants to hear from us. Praying will "CHANGE THE NIGHT TO DAY. So when life gets dark and dreary, DONT FORGET TO PRAY!” The power of prayer is a real thing, people. I can testify to that! Prayer can help solve any problems, whether it is a matter of decision making, or of our own feelings eating us up inside. I know that prayer is a huge blessing that we have been given in order to tell our Heavenly Father how we are feeling, how much we love Him, and to thank Him for the many things He has given us. "It matters not whether you or I feel like praying...when the time comes to pray- PRAY.”
Another great thing happened, I saw some of my most favorite people this week!!! Some members from Somosomo came to be sealed in the temple. IT WAS AWESOME! I couldn't go with them, but I saw them just a little while after, and they were glowing! The temple is the best place ever. And I also saw my homies Elder and Sister McFadden from Taveuni too!!! Hurray for friends!!!
Also, we had a lot of fun celebrating Sister Rich's birthday this week. We played volleyball in the morning, and two of our members brought her a surprise cake. Then we had a lunch time celebration, a surprise party, with some of the other sisters and two of the senior sisters. Then we went and taught an English class for our Auntie, and then had a baptism, and then another surprise cake. It was full of surprises! h.b. Sis Rich.!
#dontforgettopray
LOLOMA LEVU,
Sis Tram
Kara's girls from Lami
A little food fight w/ Sister Rich
Early morning sunrise
Cheeze-It's District Meeting
(thanks Mom!)
Corn disaster w/ Sister Rich
Happy Birthday Sister Rich!
Primary colors are 1,2,3
Red, Yellow and Blue