Sunday, June 8, 2014

BULA Bones and MOCE MVHS!

I'd like to say one giant BULA VINAKA to my most brand newest cousin Benson Guy Tipene Cutler aka BONES!!!  Kidavaki kemuni ki na vuravura vinaka oqo, Bones!  I'll see you in 6 months, so don't grow up too fast.  I still want to squish your big fat baby cheeks when I get home!

And another MOCE to the most recent Mt. View High School graduate...DEAN TRAMMELL!!  HE GRADUATED!!  HE DID IT!!!  Two down, one more to go MV!  I'm so excited for you Dean.  You’re going to LOVE college, and just make sure that you study more than you have fun :)

And another quick shout out to my cousin LINDSAY RICHES!  Congrats on your farewell, my mom said it was AWESOME!  I'm sad I missed it, but I keep you in my prayers.  Give Mexico my love, and keep up the great work!  And also to my homie SAM BRIGHAM!  My dad said your farewell was BOMB as well.  Good luck out there in PERU!  I'll keep you in my prayers too.

Missions are funny.  I feel like I'm stuck in this weird time warp where I want everything at home to stay the same while I'm gone, but that is so not the case.  Everything is changing!  Except Dad's still bald and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is STILL TRUE! :)

This week, Sister Rich went back to her area, so no longer the triple threat out here in Suva 3, but that's okay! Sister Siale has joined our wolf pack.  She's from Tonga, and has been in the mission for 3 months.  We are all really excited to have her!

The work of the Lord is truly hastening!  We had a GREAT experience this week with two of our members...well we thought they were members! There are these two boys who come to church every week with their aunties, and so the whole time, until a few months ago, I thought they were members.  Back in April we were eating lunch at their house and they told us they weren't baptized yet, but were just waiting for their mom's permission.  So we've been encouraging them to keep praying and having faith that in the Lord's time, it will happen.  AND NOW IS THE TIME!  Their mom gave the 'OK" just this week, and so now we are starting to teach them!  They are so SO excited, and I love the Spirit that is present when we teach them because it's like their wildest dream is coming true right here and right now!!!!  And their aunties are so happy right now.  One of them sat in our lesson and bore a beautiful testimony about how the gospel has truly changed her life for the better.  She said, "With the Lord on our side, we will never lose.”  I love that quote!  It's so true!  Man, this is just evidence that the Lord really is hastening the work of spreading the gospel here on the earth.  THERE CAN BE MIRACLES WHEN YOU BELIEVE!

I love my mission.  The time goes by so quickly, but the moments when the Spirit continues to testify of the truthfulness of this work makes it all worth it... no matter how tired, sweaty, hungry, or grumpy you are!

Au lomani kemuni kece! Kua ni guilecavi au, au na lesu tale i vale ena ono na vula mai oqo. E bibi moni vakavakarau na noqu lesu tale i vale :)

LOLOMA YANI

Sister Trammell

P-day fun


FHE fun


More FHE fun


Navineeta got married!