Monday, April 28, 2014

Quest for Obedience

Bula everyone!

This week was full of some really great experiences!  On Monday, Sister Bauro and I had a lesson with a less active member about the Book of Mormon.  As we were teaching her about it, and reading some scriptures with her, we all felt the Spirit so strongly, and testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  She has been less active for a few years, but is slowly coming back to the fold.  I’m so grateful for the chance we have as missionaries to visit those who have fallen to the wayside.  Sometimes it's almost sweeter to see them come back into the gospel than bringing new people in because they can see the difference without that constant light in their lives.  So many of the people I have grown to love on my mission are those who experience that.  Hopefully even after my mission I can still continue to seek those who are in the same boat (attention member missionaries : go find those less actives!!)

It was Stake Conference this weekend, so it was jam packed full of festivities and activities!  We started off on Friday night with a music festival.  All the wards in our stake each prepared a choir, and sang 'Lead Kindly Light', and one other of their choice.  It was so beautiful!  I have such a strong testimony of the power of the Spirit that we can feel through music.  Sister Bauro and I have been singing that song often throughout this week as we have been going around. I think my favorite is the first verse: 'Lead kindly light, amid the encircling gloom; Lead thou me on!  The night is dark and I am far from home; Lead thou me on!  Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene - one step enough for me.’  I love it because it encourages us to not worry about what lies ahead of us.  As long as we are trusting in the Savior, and listening to His spirit, He will lead us on through those dark times and into the light of His love!!

Saturday and Sunday there were the sessions of Stake Conference.  Sunday was a Broadcast from Salt Lake, directed specifically to the members in Fiji, Tonga, and Kiribas.  I think Elder Bednar's talk was my favorite, he talked a lot about obedience.  He said that if we obey through love, and joyfully obey, we will receive greater blessings that the Lord has in store for us.  This is so true!  If we are willing to obey all thecommandments, with a WILLING HEART, He will bless us more than we can imagine.  He is always happy with his obedient servants, and will give them opportunities to exercise their agency.  He also said something to the effect of  "When obedience becomes a quest, God will endow us with power.”  I really loved that!

I love this gospel so much.  And I love my Savior.  He knows us, and has experienced all that we have and will experience.  It’s just up to us to rely on Him through that encircling gloom...Lead thou me on.

Loloma levu,

Sister Trammell