I'm so grateful for the General Conference talks that were given! I'm so glad we were able to watch it here with our Stake. We did have a few technical difficulties on Sunday, but no fear, we were able to catch all of the talks. It was awesome! The Spirit was so strong, it was like taking a bath in peace and joy.
One of my favorite, FAVORITE talks was from President Uchtdorf. His 'Attitude of Gratitude' one-liner has really stuck with me. He talked about how it is important for us to ALWAYS be giving thanks to our Father in Heaven for the many things He has given us, no matter what our circumstances. I feel like sometimes I only am grateful when things go really well, but now I've realized I need to be grateful, even when things aren't going as planned. I think that's more fun anyways because then you can pay attention to the journey, you're not just along for the ride!
Sister Bauro and I have been trying to slow down a little this week and just enjoy the beautiful surroundings we are in, and take it a little slower to find those who seem to be getting left behind in the busy tempo of life. We also have been taking lots of pictures of all the flowers that we see. It's so crazy, even though there are the same type of flower, each one has a different color or shade. It’s so awesome! I wish that there were these beautiful flowers back home! I'll just have to bring some with me when (if) I come back. :)
Another awesome thing this week was that we had a Specialized Training for all the sisters in the Fiji Suva Mission on Thursday. There are 32 of us! It was great, the trainings were all centered around the theme "Love One Another” I loved it! It was a good reminder that when we have a true Christlike love for those around us, we truly are his disciples!
We heard a great song by MoTab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) called "Take Time to be Holy” It was awesome, you all should look it up!
Sister Trammell
PS. A special shout out to Betsy Olsen and Katie Fields for the packages you sent. I LOVED THEM! Thank you!