Bula!
This week was really exciting for Sister Bauro and I. First off, we went golfing last Monday, which was really fun, and so enjoy those gem photos that I included.
This week was really exciting for Sister Bauro and I. First off, we went golfing last Monday, which was really fun, and so enjoy those gem photos that I included.
Also, we found a TON of new investigators this week. One family used to take lessons when the Elders were in our area, but their dad said they had to stop coming to church. But they saw us walking down the street this week, stopped us, and asked us to come in. They want to take lessons again! We are really hoping that the Dad will soften his heart and let them join the church...but only time will tell.
The highlight of my past week was our Relief Society activity. We had 7 investigators come, it was a BLAST! I love the Fijian culture, and it was bula night so everyone was dressed in their island dresses, and they all did dances (I just watched from the sidelines...darn it) and the YSA did some cultural dances for us. It was a great bonding experience for the ladies in our ward, and it helped our investigators meet some friends.
The Womens Broadcast was also shown on Saturday, and I thought it was SO AWESOME! It was really cute, with all the 8 year olds there, along with the older ladies. I loved all the talks, especially Sister Burton's, when she said that we as sisters 'can offer hands to help and hearts to hasten Heavenly Father's work' (or something along those lines.) I thought it was well said- our hands can help lift others out of the hard times they are in, and our hearts are the most important part of us helping to hasten His work. As we serve Him with all our heart, might, mind and strength, He will lift us up and help us spread the gospel! I also LOVED President Eyrying's talk. The Spirit is always so strong when he speaks.
I'm so excited for Conference this weekend. I hope you all enjoyed it, and that your prayers were answered. I know that the Prophet has been called of God to lead us and guide us today, along the path back to our Heavenly Father. And His Apostles also help! They are His witnesses!
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
Golfing for P-day
Sister Crowell, Sister Bauro, Sister Timeoteo and Kara
Hand-made invites for Bula night
Members enjoying the Bula night