Sunday, March 30, 2014

123

March Madness is over...with a total of 123 BAPTISMS!!!  Not only did we achieve our goal as a mission for 100 baptisms this month, but we SMASHED it with 23 extras!  We are so excited, it was such a great accomplishment!  The journey wasn't easy, but it was so worth it.  I’ve looked back and seen how the Lord sends prepared people to His prepared servants" -President Eyring.

We had a good week.  We didn't have any baptisms this weekend, but we sure did work hard to find more people to teach about the gospel.  We’ve been working closely with our recent converts, to help them strengthen their testimonies further of the things that they've been taught, and we've been asking for referrals. PEOPLE...Give the missionaries referrals!  Pray to have the Spirit tell you who of your friends is ready to receive the gospel.  Missionaries love getting referrals ( I would know...)

It was really rainy this week, and rain is like our best friend slash our worst enemy.  It's our worst enemy because we get soaked, and come home smelling like wet cats, but it's our best friend because it means that everyone is home.  There’s nowhere for them to hide, they're right inside.  HA!

One thing Sister Bauro and I focused on this week was showing charity and love to our members and investigators and everyone around us.  We've learned that through showing that true Christlike love for others, they are able to feel the Spirit and also learn that their Father in Heaven loves them.  In church, one of the speakers gave a great talk about charity.  He said "There is no dark place or dark heart that the love of Christ can't bring light to.”  HE IS SO RIGHT!  There is not one person on this earth who does not need the Love of Christ in their lives.  But it's up to us to find them because they are searching for the truth, they just don't know where to find it.  I love that quote because it also testifies that anyone can change...no matter what stage or condition their heart or spirit is in, because of this gospel, they can change.  Anyone can change!  And good thing too, otherwise we'd be stuck in the same state our whole mortal existence, and that would stink real bad.

I'm so grateful for this gospel and the change that it's helped me make in my life.  I was reading the end of the Book of Mormon this week, since we've finished our 10 week challenge again, and I was reading in Ether 12.  I found that the verse before the well-known 27 has a golden nugget in it... Ether 12:26 says "...And my grace is sufficient for the meek..' then goes to 27 and says 'And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”  I like that verse 26 talks about being meek...meekness doesn't mean weakness.  It just means being humble, teachable, patient, and long-suffering.  And I was thinking about how with each of our weaknesses, we need to humble ourselves and be teachable by the Spirit in order to learn ways to make those weaknesses strengths.

I hope everyone has a great Conference weekend.  We don't get to watch it til the 12 and 13, so pay good attention and let me know which talks are the best! (Even though they all will be awesome!)

LOLOMA LEVU,

Sister Trammell

PS. Did I mention we had 123 baptisms this month?!?! WOOHOO!!!


Dinner w/ Alma, Sister Wright and Benjamin

Happy Kara

Sister Bauro and Kara

Shout out to all of Kara's Jerusalem friends...
Jerusalem in Fiji!