Tuesday, March 18, 2014

BULA!

Bula! 

Well, tomorrow marks one month since surgery, and I almost have forgotten that it even happened, so that's good! The work here in Suva has been really moving, which is a total blessing.  It's all thanks to the hard work of my awesome companion, Sister Bauro, and to the people whose hearts and minds have been prepared to hear the gospel. 
 
This week there were tons of hurricane/cyclone warnings so we were on our toes.  Luckily it missed Fiji, but there was still plenty rain, which is good, because it means that people are home :)  Even though rain sometimes can be a missionaries worst enemy (aka the puddles, mud, and buses that splash you), it's always exciting because we are plenty busy with people to visit. 

We have 2 baptisms coming up this Saturday for a mother and a daughter.  They are so excited.  After church yesterday, we walked home with them, and they were so happy that they are going to join this church.  They’ve made some good friends who have helped fellowship them, which has been a big blessing.  I think that members of the church don't realize how much it means to missionaries for their investigators to be fellowshipped!  We really are the part-time missionaries...we are only in our missions for 18 months, but the members are the full time.  They are there even after the missionaries leave.  So members, ask the missionaries which of their investigators needs a friend! 

We also have been visiting with some of our recent converts.  We had a lesson with 2 sisters who were baptized earlier this year about the Joseph Smith History.  They told us the whole story, and then said how sometimes they felt like Joseph Smith when they were investigating the church.  They wanted to know which church was true.  They didn't have a First Vision, but they knew their prayers had been answered.  The Spirit was the real teacher in that lesson...the sisters were able to teach Sister Bauro and I through their testimonies.  I think that's one of my most favorite things about the mission...not only do we have the opportunity to teach others, but our investigators and recent converts and members and everyone teach us through their example and Spirit!  I love it!

Well I hope that everyone is preparing for General Conference in the first week of April...I AM SO EXCITED!  I've been reading all the talks from the last conference, and have been praying to receive guidance from next month’s.  We are so lucky to be able to hear modern day prophets speak to us...they really speak what the Lord would have them say "Whether by mine own voice, or the voice of my servants, it is the same."
LOLOMA LEVU,

Sister Trammell