It was like a piece of me was missing, but now I feel whole, and right at home! I got back on Tuesday night and went straight to my new area--Suva 3rd! I'm in the city area now, which is different than my other areas, but I am really excited! There is a LOT of work to be done, and I'm ready to help others come unto Christ. My new companion is Sister Bauro, and she is from Kiribas, and SO AWESOME! I love her so much, and we have had a great time so far in this past week.
This week was a little crazy! On Tuesday and Wednesday I was in Suva, and then on Thursday to Friday I was in Savusavu, on the north island of Vanua Levu for a Zone Conference. I had missed 2 zone conferences while I was in New Zealand getting my tonsils ripped out, so President Klingler wanted me to be able to come to the Northern Zone Conference. HOW NICE! I felt so lucky and blessed to have had that opportunity. There were plenty things that I needed to hear. I know that the Spirit can speak to our hearts and minds in any church meeting that we go to. When we adhere to the advice of our leaders, and attentively listen to their counsel with an open heart, the Spirit can touch our hearts and inspire us with ideas. I was so happy to have been able to go, because it gave me lots of new ideas and motivation and inspiration as I start in this new area.
Saturday Sister Bauro and I went around visiting the investigators who are preparing to be baptized. We hopefully will have 4 this month, a mother and daughter, and then two other women. They all told us on Saturday how excited they are to finally be baptized. One woman has been waiting for a few years, since she and her husband aren't married yet, but are now preparing. What a blessing it is for her to be able to get married to her husband, to be baptized, and then one day take her family to the temple to be sealed! Man, I loved meeting each of the investigators, and feel their excitement for accepting the gospel in their lives.
My first Sunday in the ward was awesome! We have a great ward that is really excited about missionary work. We have a lot of members tell us that they will come with us to help teach lessons, which is exciting. AND GUESS WHAT...Elder and Sister Collins are in our ward (these are college friends of Kara’s grandparents, Herb and Sharon Cutler, who are now serving their mission in Utica, NY) Shoutout to Grammy and Papa! That is really awesome too.
Basically, I feel so grateful for everything right now. I feel so much gratitude for my Father in Heaven who continues to bless me in small and simple ways, but shows me that He loves me and is mindful of me. I know that He loves each and every one of us. If we just take the time to stop, and think about all the wonderful blessings He's given us, it will help us realize that even though sometimes times are tough, we really are truly blessed to have this gospel in our lives. One of my favorite chapters from the Book of Mormon lately has been Alma 26, when Aamon spends almost the entire chapter talking about the good graces of God, and his great power and mercy. 'God is mindful of every people...his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now THIS IS MY JOY!..."
Life is good. I love my mission, and I'm so so SO excited and grateful to be back to work. BRING IT ON!
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
Some special people who took care of Kara while she was in New Zealand
President and Sister Lekias (Auckland New Zealand Mission President)
and Kara the day before her surgery
Elder and Sister Reeves, Kara and Elder and Sister Ward
(Auckland Mission Office Senior Missionaries) who were
Kara's office buddies who she worked with while she
recovered after her surgery
Elder and Sister Brown (Pacific Area Medical Advisor), Kara's angels
who cared for her while she recovered from her surgery. We are eternally
for all their love and support!