Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hold On to the Iron Rod

Bula...It's me Sister Trammell!

This week was quite busy.  We were running back and forth from each end of our area, trying to see all of our investigators and members and less actives and recent converts and everyone.  Our area is pretty big, but I think this week we used our time really well.  We planned as best as we could to fill each day and plan each day around a certain part of our area, so we could do the most amount of work in the least amount of time.  For a girl who stunk at planning ANYTHING before the mission, I would say that it's something I'm working on to get better at as the weeks go on!

Well we had some pretty great experiences this week.  We have a few baptismal dates set for the 1st of March to start our March Madness off!  The mission fasted this fast Sunday that this month our teaching and planning skills will be magnified so we can continually teach and invite others to prepare themselves to be baptized in the next month.  And we found two of those people who have been prepared yesterday!  We are really excited, and for the next few weeks of this month, we'll be continually praying for the Spirit to be in our lessons and touch the hearts of those we serve. 

We also had a really great experience with a recent convert in our ward.  He was baptized in July of last year, and he and his wife are planning to go to the temple this July to be sealed for time and ALL ETERNITY with their little baby.  We are so excited for them!  So this week, we went by to visit, and we read from the Book of Mormon with them.  One of my favorite things to do is read from the Book of Mormon with the people we teach, whether they be investigators, members, or recent coverts or less actives.  EVERYONE needs to read from the Book of Mormon!  So we were reading about Lehi's Dream, in 1 Nephi Chapter 8.  We talked about the tree of life, and the iron rod, and about the mist of darkness.  We had a picture in the middle of the room and we were looking at it as we read the verses, and our recent convert told us, "before I was baptized...I was in that mist of darkness.  But now, I'm out, and holding to that rod."  It was such a sweet thing to hear from this sweet man.  He has such a strong testimony of the gospel.  The power of the Atonement is real.  I have seen it heal the hearts of so many people that I love, and give strength to those who are in need.  Our friend was healed through the power of the Atonement, and now is on his way to that tree of life.

We also had an AWESOME combined family home evening this week!  Our bishop has asked us that during the week, not on Monday nights, to try and gather families that live close to each other in our area.  So we went out to Qauia this week, and had a family home evening on Tuesday.  It was so great!  There were a few families that came, and we talked about the importance of the Restoration.  I think that the Joseph Smith History is something that I read far too often, but as we were preparing to share our message, it was something that I read back through. The Restoration is the most important event that has happened in this dispensation!  Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and he translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God.  It was great to hear the testimonies of people who came to the FHE, and we also watched the Restoration movie.  The Spirit was so strong, and it made me so grateful for the knowledge that we have as members of this church of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Well I hope that everyone has a great week.  Shout out to my home girl Hannah Hansen who received her mission call to Peru, and my other home girl Lindsay Riches who's heading out to Mexico.  CONGRATS!!  Love you both!
Loloma Levu,

Sister Trammell