Kiaora!
Contrary to popular belief, New Zealand does not have hobbits and orks running around everywhere. And I've kept my eyes peeled for Mordor, but I haven't quite located it yet. But I'll keep looking :)
So far NZ has been really great. I've been put in a tripanionship (3 sister companionship) for the time being, and we've had some good experiences this weekend. We actually had a baptism on Saturday for a girl named Jessica. She's here from China to study accounting and business. She lucked out and got to study the gospel as well! She was baptized Saturday night, and it was a really great service. She was so overcome with the Spirit, her heart was so full, and in her testimony, you could just feel the love that she had for her Savior and His gospel on the earth. Even though I wasn't there to watch her whole journey, I was so touched by the excitement and love that she felt when she entered into the waters.
I'm here with Sister Cavora (FROM FIJI!) and Sister Smith, who is just out of the MTC. We have been doing lots of visits this week, since the area we are in has just been split between Elders and Sisters, so now they have 4 in the ward. Not much work had been done in the area that we are now in, so we've been visiting members, and trying to get some referrals. It's never easy starting up a new area, but we are laying the foundation for a great work. Whether the sisters will see their efforts pay off in the next coming weeks, or if they get transferred, the work they do now will help those in the future find the elect who have been prepared for the gospel.
Well, I go under the knife tomorrow morning. The next time you hear from me, I'll be tonsil-less, which is fine with me because it's time to rip those bad boys out! They are just causing too many issues! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I know Heavenly Father has sent me here to learn many things, and has sent me to two wonderful, loving sisters who are taking care of me while I prepare.
I hope everyone has a great week, and sorry this is way short, but I'll try and get some good stories for you people for next week. :)
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
PS ELDER ANDERSEN IS COMING TO NZ! I DON’T MISS HIM AFTER ALL! He comes Thursday...I have surgery Tuesday...that will be interesting. A drugged up version of Sister Trammell? Well, he's an Apostle...he's worth it. :)