Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Ministry of Angels

BULA! 

Well, I have some good news to report...we have 5 new members of the Lami 1st Ward!  We had 5 baptisms on Saturday, 1 from the Elders, and then the 4 that I told you people about last week.  It was SUCH a great day!  So all this week, we have been meeting with them, and visitng them, and helping them prepare.  They were all so excited!  It was funny to visit them, we could just tell that they just wanted Saturday to come already.  And then when the day finally came, it was AWESOME!  Man, I wish you people could all come visit me, and just feel all this excitement!  We came a little early, so that we could take some pictures with the families.  They looked so beautiful in their white clothes.  And the husband said to his wife,  "You look like a temple worker!”  She was just glowing.  I could feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them, and how excited He was that they were choosing to follow the commandments.

One cute thing that one of the boys said after his baptism was "When I came out of the water, I felt so much lighter.  It was awesome!" and we said, “You can feel that way every week, when you take the sacrament!” Taking the sacrament helps us renew our covenants, and is our way of starting over new each week.  I'm so grateful for the time we have each week to do that.  To reflect on our week, think of things we need to change, and then ask for our Heavenly Father's help to do it.

This week we also were able to teach the lady who asked for the Book of Mormon last week.  We brought it to her right after we got home on Monday night, and she was so grateful.  We have invited her to start reading it, and we have gone over to read together with her and her friend who is also taking the lesson.  We read from 2 Nephi 31 on Saturday morning because we invited them to the baptism.  We wanted to help them understand the importance of baptism, and the covenants we make when we enter the waters.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to come, but it was still a good lesson.  And the woman who we gave the Book of Mormon to came to church on Sunday.  She had a good experience, from what she shared, and she asked if she could come next week too.  YAY!  Coming to church helps people who are learing about the gospel feel the Spirit, and get introduced to the members because the members are SO important.  They are the friends and fellowshippers that the investigators need.

This week while I was reading my Book of Mormon, I happened across a verse that stuck out to me.  In Moroni 7:31 it talks about how God still sends angels to the earth, and still is a God of miracles (which is true, I can testify to that). But the verse says, "And the office of their (angels) ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfill and do the work of the covenants of the Father, which He hath made unto the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of Him.”  I was reading that and was like BULA THATS WHAT MISSIONARIES DO! AND WHAT DISCIPLES OF CHRIST DO!  Then, as I was studying a few days later, I found another verse that was great in Mormon 9:22: "For behold, thus said Jesus Christ, the Son of God, unto His disciples, who should tarry, yea, and also to ALL HIS DISCIPLES in the hearing of the multitude, 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to EVERY creature.”  Well people, guess what?  If we are a follower of Christ, that makes us a disciple, which means it is ALL of our job to preach the gospel.  Maybe not putting on a missionary tag, but preaching the gospel 'by the way' in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, and in faith, and in purity!  We are all disciples of Christ.  He has asked us to do the work of angels in bringing others into the fold.  He isn't here doing the work himself, and so He needs our help.  It's not hard...sure, it might be scary...but it's not hard because it's just sharing things that you already know.  It's sharing your testimony!

Well, I love you all.  Sorry this is short, but I'm grateful for the week we had.  And I have faith that this week will be full of surprises. 

LOLOMA LEVU

Sister Trammell


5 Baptisms this week!