Sunday, January 5, 2014

2.0.1.4.

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
As I've been reflecting upon the events of 2013, I can't believe how fast it's gone, and how much has happened, and how much has changed!  That's one of my favorite things about the new year is looking back at the past one, looking at all the things I've done, and who I am, and then deciding what are things I want to change to be better, and what things I want to accomplish to be better.  I was reading earlier this week in the Book of Mormon, actually I think it was on New Years Day, and I was reading in Mosiah 27:25-26: "And the Lord said unto me; Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again, yeah born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters.  And thus they become NEW CREATURES, and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.”  I liked how it referred to 'new creatures' because that's what the new year has in store for us…to be able to become the people that we want to be!  And good thing this gospel gives us all the tools and examples that we need in order to become those people.  Not just the people that we want to be, but the people that God has designed us to be, and NEEDS us to be!  I'm excited what this next year has in store for me, seeing as I'll be in Fiji for 11 of the 12 months, hallelujah!!!   But I hope that as each of us have made our New Years Resolutions, we've made goals that can help us make steps to achieving them.  And, posting them up somewhere to remind us each and every day!  I know the gym is probably REALLY packed right now, but don't' worry, next week half the world will stop going, so that gives you a chance to have it all to yourself :)
 
Alrighty, I've got some really exciting news EDLER NEIL L ANDERSEN IS COMING HERE TO FIJI IN FEBRUARY!  I can hardly contain my happiness, I AM SO EXCITED!!!  (Its like in Elf when Buddy realizes Santa is coming…)  We're not sure why exactly he is coming, well yeah we do, he's coming to talk to the members of Fiji and tell them good things about the gospel.  But, we do know that he is coming! Don't worry, I'll get some pictures when the time comes.
 
And the next thing, we, as a mission, are participating in MARCH MADNESS!  No, not the basketball March Madness.  When Elder Pearson was here in December, he challenged the mission to have 100 baptisms in the month of March.  So that means, we in companionships, have to work together, to help our district, zone, and the whole mission accomplish that goal.  Our zone meeting on Tuesday was all about goal setting, and how we can set these goals in order for us to contribute our part to March Madness.  The mission has never gotten 100 baptisms in one month, but I know that we can do it this year.  We are doing mission-wide fasts in January to help us find those to teach, in February, to help magnify our teaching skills and help our investigators come to church, and in March, to help get those people prepared to enter the waters of baptism.  We also are doing the 10 week Book of Mormon challenge starting at the end of this month.  Man, I AM SO PUMPED!  Like literally, it's like there's a fire lit under mine and Sister Faasalafa's booty.  Every morning this week, we have just been so excited to get out there and get to work.  Which has really paid off because we met a few new investigators, and some potentials as well.  Despite it being one billion degrees outside, and Sister Trammell looking like she just came out of the sauna, the work is slowly picking up.  I know it's because we have faith that there are people out there who have been prepared for this time to accept the gospel.  I know having faith in our Savior will help us through this time, even if it gets tough because the mission is all about tough times.  But...the good times make it all worth it!
 
Also some more exciting news is that we have a couple getting married on Friday, so the wife can be baptized next Saturday!  Along with her nephew!!!  Oh man, we are so excited for this family.  Nothing brings us greater joy than seeing the family partake of the fruit of this gospel together BECAUSE FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!  Don't forget that, people.
 
Well I love each and every one of you!  Thanks for the prayers, I can feel their power each and every day.  I just hope I'm doing you all justice as I serve out here in Fiji!  I love it here, I love the people, the food, the weather (mostly...haha) and I'm so grateful Heavenly Father has entrusted me with my brothers and sisters here.  I know that the missions we are called to have people waiting for us to find them, but it's up to us to do the work.  The work of God is not frustrated, it is the work of man that is frustrated.  So...I better stop frustrating the work and start working harder! 
 
LOLOMA LEVU!
 
Sister Trammell
 
PS HAPPY NEW YEAR!