BULA VINAKA KEMUMI KECE! Well good news, I'm still alive. And more good news, Fiji is still great. We had a pretty dang good week last week in Lami, and we have a LOT coming up this next week. The work is moving!
Alright, so first off remember that one time I told you people about a couple getting married last Friday? Well they got married and it was SUCH a beautiful experience. They were so emotional and so excited to get married! The husband quickly bore his testimony before the service, and just expressed his love and gratitude for all those who stood by this family and helped them reach this day. I can't even imagine the happiness and joy that this family will feel when they are able to enter into the temple and be sealed together! Maybe I'll extend my mission a few months to watch it happen... (just kidding, Mom!) Anyways, it was a great experience because it means that the wife can be baptized this Saturday!
Which brings me to our next exciting news...WE'RE EXPECTING...4 BAPTISMS! (Not children…) We are hoping for 4 baptisms this Saturday! We have 3 all ready to go, and still waiting for one to come back from visiting some family so he can be interviewed, but I have faith that he will return because he is really excited to be a part of this church. It was so cute when the other 3 were being interviewed because they all expressed how excited they were for this day to finally come. We have worked so hard to help them each prepare individually for this day. The important thing to remember is that we never force, or push, or pull anyone into the waters of baptism or into accepting this gospel. We as missionaries are the guides, the friends, and the teachers that help others on their journey, and I feel so blessed that the Spirit of the Lord has touched each of their hearts and helped prepare them for this week. I will keep you people updated next week on how everything goes.
Sister Faasalafa and I have also a bunch of plans set up for this week. We are hoping to have a 'FHE' at a member's home sometime this week, and hoping to invite some of our investigator families. We will see how that goes. And we have a few more ideas hidden up our sleeves, but that's for next week's epistle. We are still earnestly seeking those who are prepared to accept the gospel. We know that after these souls are saved on Saturday, it's time to find others who are prepared for our message!
This morning we had a BOMB experience! So before we came into town, we taught a quick lesson to one of our investigators. When we got to her house, she told us we could go into her neighbors house, so off we went. The neighbor said hello to us, and then went off somewhere. We were reviewing the Restoration and First Vision with our investigator, and began to introduce the Book of Mormon when her friend came back into the house and sat down. She listened intently, and then jumped in and started to ask questions. She told us that she doesn’t go to church, but that when she was growing up, she was exposed to the Methodist and Catholic church. Her biggest question was "Where do we go after this life? Is it just heaven and hell?” And as soon as we heard that was her concern, Sister Faasalafa and I looked at her and said, "We can help you find your answers!” And she asked us to come back tonight and bring her a Book of Mormon. Throughout the whole lesson, she kept saying, “I really just want that book, can you please bring me that book?” She is hungering after righteousness, and it will be given to her as she opens her heart and listens to the whisperings of the Spirit. We are still praying for her friend, whom we think may be also softening her heart as well!
We had another cool experience where someone told us that they knew we would be coming...well not particularly Sister Faasalafa and I ourselves, but we went to teach one of our investigators, and her sister in law was in the room. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then asked if anyone had any questions. The Sister in law said she didn't have any questions, but just kept thanking us for coming over today. Right before we came over, she was planning on going to take a nap, but for some reason, she felt like she should just stay in the sitting room because someone was going to come over and see her. When she saw us at the door, she was going to go back into the other room, but someting told her that WE were the people she was waiting for. Even if now isn't the time for her to accept the gospel, that little experience is something she'll be able to reflect on when the time is right. The Spirit speaks to each of us in different ways, depending on how in tune we are with it's voice.
I'm so grateful for this time that I have to serve here in Lami with Sister Faasalafa, and the time I have to serve here in Fiji as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. LIFE IS GOOD! And it gets better every day as we continue to rely on the Lord in ALL our doings. No matter if life is good, we still need Him every hour #ineedtheeeveryhour. But I love Fiji, I love the people, I love this gospel, and I love my Heavenly Father! I love all of you as well, and I hope everyone is feeding the missionaries!
LOLOMA LEVU
Sister Trammell
FHE lesson the armor of God
At the farm
Scraping cocunuts
Cooking curry
Wedding of friends
