There are just so many things I wish I could tell you people, and just never enough words to say it in...but I shall try.
Earlier this week we had lessons with some of our investigators, and some of our recent converts, so that was great. Our investigator pool right now is pretty full, so we just try and make sure that we spread the love around to everyone and not leave anyone out. But on Thursday, we did a district service up at Momo Villi's farm. We helped weed, and plant dalo, which was really exciting. Seriously, I think I'm going to get a farm when I get home. It's probably the best thing ever. My farm in the states probs won't grow as well as it would here in Fiji, but I'm still going to try. So we helped at the farm, and then we cooked a lovo, like an underground fire-pit. We made palusami, which is dalo leaves, soaked in coconut milk with onions, cooked in the lovo. SO GOOD! Also we had dalo and cassava, and so it was pretty much heaven on earth. We even had our 2 investigators, Joseva and Nemani, come with us to help. One thing that Sister Aoina and I have learned is that when we involve the members and the investigators in service activities, it helps them grow relationships that can help as they grow in the church. Our investigators have been lucky to have such welcoming arms into the branch after they are baptized.
We also were able to have a really special lesson Friday night with the investigators. We talked about Alma 32 and what faith is. Our friend Nemani told us a really funny story about how because his faith has grown, he is able to say 'no' to temptations. Before he was coming to the lesson, his cousin-brother was like 'Nem, come lets go party', and Nemani was like 'Thanks, but no…" And the cousin brother said "you've changed" and Nemani said "yes I've changed! You're going to drink tonight and be happy, and then wake up tomorrow and be sad. I want to be happy always. So bye, I gotta go meet the sisters at the church." It was SUCH a great experience to hear, and it was really funny the way he told it! I love hearing stories like that because it shows to me that as people grow in the gospel, and as their faith grows, they are able to know the right choices to make even in difficult situations.
Saturday morning, we had quite a few surprises. We made our way to the chapel to check on the primary activity, they are preparing for their primary program in a few weeks. So when we arrived, there were 2 Indian girls there, a mom and her daughter. They were just in town, and came to the church to ask if the missionaries could teach them. The daughter has had elders come visit before, and she wanted to start the lessons again. The Spirit guided them to the chapel, and then to us! WOOHOO!!! We are way excited to get to know them better. And then after that, the members who were at the activity gave us a bunch more referrals of people, so basically it was just a flood of names, and we are now trying to have them help us teach them when we go visit. Member presents are the most helpful things because like with service, when the members and investigators have relationships, it makes the investigator feel welcome to the church.
AND ON SUNDAY--Cutest fast and testimony meeting ever. Almost all the primary kids went up to bear their testimonies. They are learning the articles of faith, and so some of them recited them! It was way cute!
Another great week in Somosomo!!!! I hope that everyone had a great conference weekend, and if you weren't able to watch it, go online! They are sending the copies to Fiji this week, since they had to be translated, so we get to watch it this upcoming weekend...#islandlife. Anyways, go read your scriptures, and find Romans 1:16. :)
LOLOMA LEVU,
Sister Trammell
Elder's Quorum in Kara's ward
District service project at Momo Villi's farm
Kara's greeting party at church :)


