Earlier this week, we had lots of great things as well. This Thursday was FIJI DAY so we celebrated by sending the YSA of our branch on an 'Amazing Race' all over Somosomo. It was actually so fun! They went to different member's houses, and had to do challenges in order to receive their next clue. Some of the challenges were drinking lemonade without sugar, eating salted cookies, dancing in the street, singing happy birthday or the national anthem and building a human pyramid. It was such a great activity, because it helped the YSA grow closer together, as well as gave them an opportunity to invite some of their nonmember friends! And some of the youth came as well, so it was good to get everyone involved. I think the YSA had a great time, they asked us when we can do another activity, so we are trying to arrange for a volleyball tournament or something. We also were able to meet with some of our investigators after the amazing race and help them as they prepare for their baptisms next week. They are both really excited! And especially after this weekend watching conference, they are stoked to be able to get the priesthood and help with sacrament and other ordinances.
But Saturday and Sunday conference sessions were AWESOME!!! I can't stop rereading all my notes from the talks, it was SO GOOD! I can't talk about every single talk that I loved, but I"ll try and tell you a few of my favorite parts. From Saturday morning: I liked Edward Dube's talk when he said "Faith always points toward the future." I think it's so true because as we have faith, we hope for the things that we are aiming for in the future, aka eternal life with our Heavenly Father! I liked how he said "Look ahead and believe." Also from Sat morning, I think my favorite was Elder Bednar's talk on Tithing!!! I have such a strong testimony about paying tithing. The people that we teach here have followed the law of tithing, and have seen the blessings and miracles that come from obedience to this law, even if it is hard. They just trust that the Lord will take care of them! AND--My favorite thing that Elder Bednar said was something like 'The Lord doesn't always give us more of what we want, but He gives us more of what we need." When he was talking about the 2000 Stripling warriors, how they asked for the strength to deliver themselves from their enemies, they were given assurance, peace, faith and hope- All blessings from the Lord in their time of need. I know that the Lord knows us BETTER than we know ourselves, and the things that He gives us at certain times when we pray are exactly what we need to get through any trial. It's just up to us in trusting Him.
From Saturday afternoon, I liked Elder M Russell Ballard's talk about sharing the gospel. I INVITE EVERYONE TO TAKE UP HIS CHALLENGE!!! Reach out to someone that you know, share the gospel with them, before Christmastime! (That means I'm basically telling everyone to be a missionary!) But I know that if we each try and reach out to just ONE by Christmas, the love of the gospel will be felt all around and more people will feel the love of our Savior! Sunday afternoon was great (Sorry I skipped Sunday morning, i'm running out of time haha) but Kevin S Hamilton (my mom's seminary teacher) broke down the importance of attending our Sunday Meetings. I know that as we attend EACH Sunday meeting, we can help strengthen our spiritual learning and growth, and be able to learn something new in each meeting and class! So basically, I loved every talk. I encourage everyone to keep reading and rereading the talks that were given, all the way up until next conference in April. The words that we hear from the Prophet and the Apostles are messages that the Lord wants us to hear in our day!
Well even though conference was awesome, a not-so-awesome part of our weekend included transfers. Sister Aoina has been transferred to the Suva 1st ward, and my new companion, Sister Bechu, has just come from there. Saying goodbye to Sister Aoina was really hard (and I mean REALLY hard), but we both know that we have been so blessed with the time that we had together, and we know that there are people in Suva that need her! And I am so excited about my new companion! We still have a LOT of work to do, so it will be fun to hit the ground running.
I really hope everyone has watched conference, and has thought about things that they can do to strengthen their testimony! Just like Captain Moroni talks about, it's important for us to strengthen our weak parts, whether that means we're slack in personal prayers, or daily scrip study, or FHE (coughcoughtramfam) as we focus on strengthening the parts that need it, we will be able to feel the Spirit more fully, and we'll feel the difference in our lives. I love you all!
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
New and Old Companions!
Sister Bechu, Kara and Sister Aoina
Happy Fiji Day!

