I can't believe that August is done, and now it's September. Sometimes I can't even believe that the days are flying by so fast!
This week we had lots of exciting things. First, we finished our mission-wide Book of Mormon read. At the end of the Book of Mormon, as I was reading, I imagined to myself how Joseph Smith must have felt as he finished translating it. It must have been crazy after all the things he had been writing, to finally get to the end and say "it is finished!" I've had a lot of great experiences reading the Book of Mormon, and my testimony continues to grow stronger of the truthfulness of the things that are inside it. Each time I read, I learn something new, even if I have read it many times before. I think one of my favorite stories is about Alma the Younger and the sons of Mosiah. Before they joined the church, they were the homeboys that tried to drag people away from the church. Hooligans! And to think that all it took was an angel to appear to them, and tell them to get their booties back into shape and go bring people back to the church. They turned out to be some of the GREATEST missionaries ever! I hope I can be like them one day.
Sunday was a great fast and testimony meeting. One of the Branch's recent converts went up and bore his testimony about the Book of Mormon, and it was really great hearing how much the Book of Mormon has made an impact on his life. He and his wife have been reading along with the mission, so they have kept right up. I think that reading the whole thing pretty fast helps keep the story in line, so it's easy to understand. I love the Book of Mormon!!!!!!!! Also this week, Sister Aoina and I had the opportunity of going to another farm to help plant dali, which is like a major food that they eat here. So as we were farming, I realized that one day, I would like to have a farm, or maybe a small garden. It's so great that the people can live off the land. I loved being able to help the family with their planting because I know that one day all the hard work we put into their farm will help them in just a few months.
This weekend we have District Conference meeting coming up, where all of the members on the whole island of Taveuni, Rabi (another little island) plus all the members from Vanua Levu can watch via-broadcasting. Basically it's like Stake Conference back home. The Mission President and alot of the auxiliary leaders from Vanua Levu will come, so that should be exciting. I think an Area Seventy is coming too, but don't take my word on that. I'll let you know next week.
Somosomo is still sweet, and the members are helping us work hard to bring back the lost sheep into the fold. I really have grown to love the people here, and I know that the love I feel for them is just a small portion of the love that our Heavenly Father feels for them. I know I'm not perfect, and still have LOTS to work on as a missionary, but I just feel really blessed that I've had the opportunity to serve in this area. There's nothing like doing service to help remind you of your purpose!
I love you all and I hope you all have a great week! (Have fun at school, boys! HAHA!)
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
Kara in her sulu
Beautiful sunset taken at a member's home
Primary children in Kara's ward
At the farm