If any of you know the song that comes from the title of this email, then start singing it in your head because it is the theme of this week's email!
It all started on Tuesday, when Sister Aoina and I made our way out to Waitavala and Waiyevo, the places that take us forever to walk to. Each time we walk, we hope and pray some nice person will pick us up on the way. As we made the trek out, we were about 5 minutes out of town, when a carrier truck passed us. The nice man stopped, and asked us if we wanted a ride. Of course we said yes! So we hopped in the truck, and off we went. What would have been like a 45 min walk there turned into a like 5 minute drive. MIRACLE #1!
The girl we were going to visit we haven't seen for a few weeks, with us being busy and she was out of town, so we were a little nervous going to meet her because we didn't want her to be discouraged or anything. She is planning on getting baptized, but she has to get married to her boyfriend first, so she's been looking everywhere for her birth certificate. The last time we were there, she hadn't been able to locate it, but as soon as we got to the house, she told us that she found it!!! Her parents have it in Rabi, a little island just across the water from us, so that's really exciting. And she's still way stoked to be baptized!!! AND she committed to coming to church, WHICH SHE DID! MIRACLE #2!
Then a slight problem happened. The Fijian people believe in good and bad winds, and apparently I ate a bad piece of wind-pie and got sick. All Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Sister Aoina and I stayed in, except when the night came around we somehow found the strength and stamina to get out to the chapel and meet with our new investigators who have been introduced and referred to us from our YSA friends. This week alone we gained 3 new investigators!!! Somehow, the Lord blessed us to be strong enough to see those investigators, because He knew that we had things to say that they needed to hear. I can't believe how strong the Spirit was in each of those lessons, even though I just wanted to go home and sleep. They were our 8 o'clock miracles each night! MIRACLE #3!
Well eventually my sickness was healed, thanks to the help of the 'hospital' here, and my magical Uncle Jeff's wisdom (shout out to the best doctor ever Jeff Cutler!) I found some doctor on the island who just happened to have tons of medicine that cured me back to health. MIRACLE 4!
So during this week, I've been thinking a lot about how the Lord helps us through our trials (haha this week was the perfect time to reflect on that). I just have such a great love for our Savior because He suffered for each of us, not just our sins, but our feelings of loneliness, our pains, and our afflictions. He knows EXACTLY how we feel, and how to help us through our struggles. I found myself praying for my sickness to go away, but as the week went on, I realized that instead of asking for the pain to go away, I asked for the strength to endure the bad wind-pie. How lucky are we to have a Savior who knows exactly the things that we feel. Miracles really can happen when you believe! I know that when we are obedient, righteous, worthy, and have enough faith, the Lord will bless us with the things that we stand in need of. It all depends on HIS timing, though, NOT ours. When we are willing to submit to HIS will, that is when the real miracles can be seen!
Well I hope everyone else had a great week. And if anyone is feeling sick at the moment, I know a great doctor who can cure you in no time!
LOLOMA LEVU,
LOLOMA LEVU,
Sister Trammell