Well I survived transfers! I mean that neither Sister Aoina nor I are getting transfered this time. The call came in on Saturday night, and we were both really nervous because neither of us want to leave yet. So we have another few weeks here before another chance of one of us being moved. I'm the happiest girl in the world right now!
This week was full of really exciting things that I will tell you about. Earlier this week, Sister Aoina and I were busy with teaching lessons and tracking people down (sometimes people just like to hide from us, but everyone is related and knows where everyone is at any given point in time, so we find them in a jiffy.) But on Wednesday night, we had a really sweet lesson. One of the recent converts in our branch, the one who we encountered getting out of the shower a few weeks ago, asked us to teach his daughter and her family. So Wednesday night, Sister Aoina and I headed out to Lovonivonu, in the POURING RAIN. I have never ever seen rain like this. It's like buckets just streaming out of the air! Umbrellas hardly do any good, basically you just walk around a soggy version of yourself. But I actually love it haha it's fun! Anyways, we went out for dinner to their house, and after we finished, we started talking about the Restoration of the Church. We talked about Christ's earthly ministry, and the apostasy and it was still pouring, and it was SO LOUD on the roof. I could hardly hear anything, but I knew that we were going to start talking about Joseph Smith soon, and I really wanted them to be able to hear the story. So I said a quick prayer, asking for the rain to stop...AND IT DID! Literally like 1.3 minutes after I finished saying Amen, the rain stopped, we talked about Joseph Smith, and it was so awesome. It was silent outside, and talking about Joseph Smith, the spirit was so strong. It just reinforced my own testimony of the truthfulness of Joseph Smith, and how important he was to the restoration of this church. We are SO LUCKY to know about him and his humble prayer. I know that God hears AND answers our prayers, no matter how big or small they are. It was such a sweet experience!
Thursday we farmed again, which is my most favorite thing. We also had one of our friends, John, with us and he CLIMBED A COCONUT TREE...BARE FEETED! It was quite possibly the most amazing 'feet' I have ever seen! (Get it...feat..feet..ha ha) Anyways, service was the bomb, we weeded a huge plot of casava!
Friday was when things started getting busy. We had to help the branch prepare for the District Conference. We helped by cleaning the chapel, and helping the Relief Society women set up their displays. They brought their quilts, and masi, and things that they've woven to set up for everyone to see. They are probably some of the craftiest women I have ever met.
Saturday was the priesthood and adult sessions of conference. Elder Wakolo, like an area seventy over the pacific, is from Suva, and he came over with the Mission president for the conference. It was great to hear them speak, and they said lots of great things. But my favorite part of Saturday was being able to be there for a baptism for the Elders from Vuna, another area from Taveuni. Since lots of people were there for conference, they had their baptism at the chapel. It was one of the sweetest experiences. The parents were so overcome with the spirit, they cried the whole time. They were both baptized, and then their three boys. As the boys were being baptized, I just watched the parent's faces and it was SO SWEET. They were so so so happy that their whole family could be baptized together, and I knew that they truly understood what eternal families are. I am so excited to hear about their trip to the temple next year!
Sunday was also a great day. The morning session was the last session of the district conference. One of my favorite talks was from Elder Walker, a senior couple missionary serving in Savusavu. He talked about the seen and unseen things. He said that as we continually do the unseen things, like reading our scriptures, personal prayer, and other things that most other people don't see, what we do that others do see will be good things. I really liked that.
Anyways, this week was pretty sweet, and I am so grateful for the many blessings that our Father in Heaven has given all of us. How lucky are we to have loving families, the priesthood, and the scriptures in our lives to help guide us, comfort us, and protect us during trying times. I love this gospel, and I am so excited for the next little while that I have to spend here!
Loloma levu,