Bula from Fiji!
This week we had lots of great stories. We found 6 new investigators, 2 secret members (aka less actives who hide from missionaries...haha), and a LOT of puppies! We cant keep them, but they are fun to play with when we see them.
So our new investigators...some of them we found from just talking to people on the street, and one of them has already taken lessons. Turns out she was best friends with my companions mom when they were young in Kiribas! I don't speak Kiribas, but I'm learning. My companion is from Kiribas, so she is teaching me. It's great! The lady is excited because she already took lessons and wants to be baptized soon. I will update you later on her status as the weeks go on.
Another investigator we found while looking for some members. His name is Moses, just like the prophet, so that was an easy transition into spiritual things. He told us that he has been 'looking and searching' for the truth, but can't really find it yet. He likes listening to all religions, but won't commit because he feels like religion puts him 'in a box’. Hopefully we can help him see all the possibilities and opportunities he can have in his life in the true and restored church of Jesus Christ. We are excited. Also, he's going to make us Fijian food, so I'm really excited about that because we have been eating LOTS and LOTS of curry. I love curry, but also I miss my rourou!
The Elders that teach in Fijian in our area also referred us to some great potential investigators. We hope that we will be able to help them come close to the gospel. Also, they are in a part of our area that we haven't been to a whole lot, so we're excited to explore new frontier.
We've been working on our Faith in Jesus Christ as one of our Christlike attributes to practice, and it's been working. Huzzah! There's a quote by President Eyring from general conference about faith, and I changed it a little bit to fit our situation. "If the blessings were immediate, choosing the right (and no trials) would not build faith.” If we didn't go through trials in this life, or disappointments or difficult things, then we wouldn't have any chances to build our faith in the Savior.
After ALL we can do in faith, the Lord will justify our hopes for greater blessings. I know that to be true! Faith is like a little seed, but we have to nourish it and strengthen it so it can grow and be strong. We do what we CAN do, and He will make up the rest.
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
PS WELCOME HOME GRAMMY AND PAPA FROM YOUR MISSION TO UTICA NEW YORK! I LOVE YOU!
PPSS…AND A BIG SHOUT OUT TO GRANDMA GREAT FOR CELEBRATING HER 96TH BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU!
Puppy found this week
The Elder's took us to a referral and we found the beach!
Just another day as a missionary. What bad weather we are having :)
Found more puppies
Louis girls! Kara's new BFF's!