This week we had a lot of things going on. Tuesday we had district meeting, and it was raining SO HARD that we could hardly hear each other in the chapel! But that was the most rain we've had since I've been here, so it was nice to experience it haha. And then after district meeting, Sister Aoina, and Lohna Fisher (our prospective missionary friend, she leaves for New Zealand on Sunday) and I went out to Waitavala and Nayalayala to visit some members of the branch. To put it in perspective, those places are like an hour and a half walk away...sooo we hopped in a truck haha. To get up to one of our investigator's/part member family homes, we had to cross this 'bridge' aka it was a flowing creek/river thing...The road goes up to this river crossing, but the water was SO HIGH that we had to walk through the water! It was quite refreshing actually. And we finally made it up to the Bose's house, and taught our lesson so that was great!
The Sister Training leaders came on Wednesday, and on Thursday we did service with them for an investigator, Sister Kata. We washed her laundry in the river! It was crazy, we were washing all these blankets, and then all of a sudden, the soap left my hands and started flowing down the river! Luckily there were some kids there to rescue it for me. But it was a good experience for us to help Sister Kata, we are excited to keep teaching her about the gospel.
We sent off one of the YSA this week for his mission, he's going to Ghana, so that was sad, but we are so happy for him. He's going to be great. And I think my favorite part of the week was we had a Fireside last night that the YSA put on, and the theme was "Every Member a Missionary." We are trying really hard to have the branch help us reactivate members who haven't been to church in a while, because Sister Aoina and I can't do it by ourselves. So we split into 3 rooms and had different mini lessons on missionary work. They were each 10 minutes, so it went by quickly, but the YSA leader taught a workshop on Home/Visiting Teaching, the YSA talked about Fellowshipping, and Sister Aoina and I talked about the "Why" of missionary work. As we were preparing, Sister Aoina and I thought that the message we wanted to share was that as our testimony grows, our desire to share the gospel will increase! And so that's what we talked about. Knowing our purpose on earth, to prepare to one day go back and live with our Father in Heaven, gives us the knowledge of the things that we need to do here on earth. So it was a really great fireside, and I think the members really liked it!
Next Sunday we have 2 baptisms coming up, so that should also be exciting! We are busy with lessons, and service so things are still moving around here. One story from this week- this one time, two days ago, Sister Aoina and I were out for our morning run, when all of a sudden this dog runs up next to us AND BITES MY LEG...not hard, I didn't bleed or anything, but I was like AHH DOG BITING ME! But don't worry, I still have my leg, so I'm fine.
Anyways, until next week!
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell