Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fun things this week!


This week we had Zone Conference in Savusavu, so on Wednesday, we had the special privilege of taking our boat ride/car ride.  Except this time, we were on a bus so it wasn't quite as bumpy, but it did take almost twice as long!  Despite all that, it was still good!  Wednesday night we met at the Savusavu chapel with our zone and had Christmas in August!!!  One of the Senior Couple's made ham and potatoes and it was the bombdotcom!  I don't quite know how to explain the feeling of coming out of the bush into civilization...but it literally was Christmas!  It was really sweet, and we were all really grateful that we had that special night!

Thursday was lots of training, but it was actually really great.  I feel like every time I go to a training, I hear something that I needed to hear.  It clicks in my mind, and things just start making sense.  One thing that I loved was someone was talking about the prophet Nehemiah, and him building the walls in Jerusalem.  There were some people trying to get him to come down so they could persuade him to not build it (I'm paraphrasing the story, check it out in the Old Testament though!)   But he told them "I'm doing a great work, and I cannot come down."  I loved that because it reminds me of the great work that we have as missionaries, and how we are given lots of responsibility.  So yeah, zone conference was good.  

Friday our trip back was SUPER bumpy.  It was windy, and the boat was all rocky, so I felt a little sea sick.   But no worries, I got some food in my belly and everything was back to normal.  Sister Aoina and I had a busy weekend meeting with our investigators, and hiking across the forests.  We took a short cut to get from Lovonivonu to Buca Levu, and we ran into Wilbur the pig and some of his friends.  They were just having the time of their lives in their little pens by the stream. And we also had the chance to meet with some of the members of our branch.  Our mission is doing a mission wide Book of Mormon read, where we are reading the BOM in 10 weeks.  They gave a paper with the schedule to all the missionaries, and to the branches, so some of the members have been keeping up.  One of the couples we visited on Saturday are totally up to date, and are loving it!  So it was fun to chat with them about what they've been reading. 

Reading the Book of Mormon daily really has helped me since I've been on my mission.  I have had SO MANY experiences where each time I read in the morning, I've been able to use a verse or a story in a lesson later that day.  The Lord knows exactly what our investigators need to hear, and he counts on us to prepare well so we can share!

Anyways, life's still great out here! I love you all!
Love
Sister Trammell

Top Row: President and Sister Klingler, Ablanalp, Inia, Ledoux, Mabunga, Hancock, Read, Schofield, Johnson, The Terrys, Smith, Temuera
Second Row: Me, Sister Ongesel, Sister Aoina, Palmer, Ward Missionary Whose Name I Can't Remember, Tebetaga, Ravutaumada, Moka

Bottom Row: Sister Lawenitotoka, Wilson, Magalogo, Kaipuke, Vaovasa, Nawahine