You know you've been in the MTC for too long when…
E. You try to be in the missionary choir to sing for the Apostles and General Authorities, and there are too many missionaries so you have the opportunity to sit in the last row, in the last 5 seats (Can you say lucky or what?!)
Things are still going GREAT here at the MTC! But if you can't tell by my list, it is HIGH time for me to BUST OUTTA HURRR! And I'm in luck, we just got our travel packets yesterday and I head out to Fiji in a week and a half! On Saturday, July 6th!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I'm so happy to leave, but I'm still nervous/excited/scared/happy to go...if that makes sense. I want to get out there and be with the people already, except for the fact that my Fijian is still rough, but it's getting so much better each day!
I hope you all had the opportunity to watch the Broadcast from Sunday evening! And if you didn't, good thing it's still on the LDS website I think! ) It was such a great thing to be able to be there and see all the apostles, even though Sister Crowell and I were clear at the tippy top of choir in the nosebleed section, I still loved it! You probly didn't see me in the choir on TV on the account of we were so far up there, I think we were still in the shadows haha. It was still awesome though.
And for those who did have the opportunity to watch it, I hope you all heed the counsel that was given! Help us missionaries in the field by being missionaries yourselves! Be a volunteer to go to lessons with the missionaries, because there is SUCH a strong spirit when members are present (I haven't actually had that experience before, but this is what I've been told so just do it!) I think one of my favorite things that we were able to hear was from President Packer. He was talking about how once we have a knowledge of the gospel and the things we want to share about, in order for revelation to come, and for the spirit to guide our words we actually have to start talking! I know that I have to keep this in mind, because I'm always worried that I'll say something weird in Fijian, or my sentence won't be right, so I just end up sitting there with my thumbs up and smiling...per usual haha. But I have to remember that once I start talking, it's not my words that will convert the people, it's the spirit that will. But in order for the Spirit to be there, I have to talk.
Anywhooo, this week was really great! The Broadcast was definitely a highlight. Oh also I got to host some new missionaries yesterday, and it brought me back to my first day. I can't believe how fast these weeks have gone by! I've already been out a month! AHH!!!
Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you and miss you!
Don't forget to talk! :)
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell