ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert music here) DODODODOOOO DODODODODOOOOOO
Two days until I leave the MTC, and I AM SO EXCITED. Oh wow, I never thought this day would come, but it has! It's right around the corner! Oh also PS HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! There are exciting things happening tonight, we get to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. Never mind the fact that they are celebrating the birth of our country, they are celebrating our leaving to FIJI! FINALLY.
So this week was pretty good. It went by really fast as a whole, but each day seemed to take forever. But there were lots of good things that we learned in class that will help in Fiji. We practiced contacting, which was funny because I still can't really say everything outside of gospel-related things, so I mostly just speak FOB...I'll eventually pick up the Fijian haha hopefully soon after we get there IN 2 DAYS!
On Sunday we had a great devotional from two people whom I like. First in Relief Society, we heard from Sheri Dew! She is so awesome! She talked to the Sisters about "Getting Smarter" about Who we are, who the Savior is, How we can receive revelation, and about the Power of God. It was a really good talk because it gave me some good ideas on things to study during my personal study time, and some good things to focus on as I prepare to go to the mission field. Now I'm focusing on learning about the Power of God, and how I can use that as I'm teaching people about the gospel!
Another great speaker was Sunday night, Brother Robert Swensen spoke- nhe is the Director of Missionary services, and he is HILARIOUS. Oh man, He gave such a good talk, and I was laughing a lot of the time so it made it so much better haha. His talk was "Things from 'Grandpa' that He learned after 40 Years of Being Involved in MIssionary Work". He pretended to be our Grandpas (Don't worry, my grandpas are still my favorites :) ) And he gave us some different things that he learned in the mission field, as well as working with missionaries for like the past 30 years. He just gave us some good advice, and things that we can do as missionaries to more effectively bring the people in our missions to the gospel. There were no mistakes about our mission calls, because they are inspired from the Lord. I love that! I always remind myself that this isn't a call that was made out of the blue, but there are people that are waiting, WAITING to hear from me! And I can't wait to meet them!
Oh also another good devotional that we had on sunday was the Departure Devotional, for all missionaries leaving into the field this week (thats me because I"m leaving the MTC in 2 days!!!) so we went to that, and one of the Counselors of the MTC presidency said "You will soon be somebody's missionary, and that's something that lasts forever". I never thought of that! That soon, I'll be someone's missionary that they tell people brought them to the church, and that's so exciting! I hope I can be at least one person's missionary haha but I guess I'll find out.
Well I hope everyone is doing well! I love you, and I miss you all! Write me in Fiji, because I won't be here at the MTC anymore, i fly out on saturday! (I'm really excited about it if you can't tell…) ANYWAYS- HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! Eat lots of hot dogs and potato salad for me.I LOVE YOU!
Loloma Levu,
Sister Trammell
Kara's Mission Zone
Kara's Mission District
Sister Crowell, Elder Morgan, Elder Peery, Elder Tafuna'i and Elder Moantewa
Kara and her companion Sister Crowell
Getting ready to use the mosquito net in Fiji
Kara and Sister Kelly Briggs, a friend from her Freshman year at BYU
Kara and Sister Orr





