Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week #2

Well it seems as though I've been in here for ages, turns out I've only finished my second week here. The MTC kinda seems like one long day, with a bunch of naps. Basically it's the same thing every week, but then we go to sleep at night and do it all again. But even though it seems kinda repetitive, I STILL LOVE IT!   

Things are going great. We are learning more and more Fijian every day. Also, remember that one time I said that teaching without notes scared me? Well I know what scares me more...TRC on Saturday, in 2 days. TRC is when pretend real live investigators come to the MTC and we have to teach them a lesson. So 1) it's scary because I still don't know a whole lot of Fijian, just what I memorize from what I write down, and 2) it's not our teachers so it's more intimidating also scary, but I'm sure I'll make it out alive. 

Some really awesome things happened this week for the MTC. Thing 1 is that they got new fire alarms...yay. That means I've been sitting in the laundry room with this alarm going off the entire time "There is a fire, please evacuate the building". At first there was mayhem, but then we were informed it is just a drill so now we just have the opportunity to sit here while it continues. Thing 2 for the MTC is that they now have devotionals in the Marriott Center! Seeing as there are about 7.9 billion missionaries in the MTC (or so it feels like), they have decided to have everyone in one place at the same time! It is SO GREAT! We get to walk all the way across the street to the Marriott Center. It doesn't sound like much, but when you sit in the same room for 9 hours a day, it is a great field trip. This Tuesday's devotional was Elder Arnold, and he gave a GREAT talk. I love Devotionals! They are exactly what I need to hear, at the exactly right time. His talk was basically on how missionaries need to understand their purpose, and understand who we are. So that was nice to hear. Thing 3 that is SO EXCITING for the MTC is that on June 23rd, there is a worldwide missionary training broadcast so that's gonna be on TV. and Guess what...My zone and i joined the choir SO LOOK FOR ME! You'll be able to tell that it's me by my lip singing on account of we all know that I'm tone deaf. Anyways, the broadcast includes the following: the missionary choir, the MTC, a real people ward choir, and The Prophet and the rest of the bretheren!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so so so excited. Anyways, put that on your calendar so you can watch it, it's going to be awesome! I'm not exactly sure what the entire thing will be, but naturally I'm just excited to see the Prophet and his friends.

Okay last thing before I have to go. On Sunday in Relief Society, we had Sister Clegg from the General Relief Society Board come and talk to the Sisters about things we need to know before we go (on our mission). And one of the things that stood out to me that I wanted to share with all of you is to BE BOLD. We can't be afraid or shy when we are sharing our feelings about the gospel or just the message of the gospel. As we come to know our purpose as missionaries, both in the field and out of the field, we need to be bold in sharing the gospel so the Lord's work can press forward! So listen up people- BE BOLD THIS WEEK! I know only the best things will come of it, and don't be shy when you're sharing your feelings about the gospel!
I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!  Be safe, be good, and BE BOLD!

Love
Sister Trammell