I wish that we went real surfing, but this time we only surfed down the face of a mountain. Earlier this morning our district hiked up the 3 Sisters mountains here in Labasa...not anything dangerous, but it was definitely steep! On the way down, we couldn't be stuffed to just walk down normally, so we surfed on the leaves. Really exciting!!
A theme of the week for Sister Pauga and I is to become divers in the scriptures. We have been teaching our families and everyone about the importance of really taking the time to study our scriptures, rather than just read them and call it good. Sister Pauga has made the analogy like surfers and divers - surfers can only see the top of the water, and just a little bit underneath, but the divers are the ones that go deep down, and get to see all the wonderful beauties and treasures! I have such a strong testimony of scripture study. Before my mission, I was the worlds WORST studier...in everything. (Don't worry Mom and Dad, i'm going to do better in school). But, since coming on the mission and serving amongst my brothers and sisters in Fiji, I've learned how to study the scriptures both for myself to receive revelation, and also to study to help those that I am teaching. I've come to learn so much about the gospel by also applying what I learn to help others.
We have been working with the youth this week. We had a great youth activity on Friday night with a pretty good turn out! We played volleyball, and then watched the Joseph Smith Restoration movie. I think they all had fun! We are planning on doing something similar this week, but instead of playing volleyball, we hope to do some rescues. We are going to try and get some activities going every week to start building unity. Next we'll go to the other auxiliaries!
A big shout out to my brother Dean Trammell!! Congrats on being ordained an Elder today. I'm so proud of you! I love you! And good luck to Mark Trammell on starting sophomore year tomorrow. I love you too! Miss you both.
Loloma levu,
Sister Trammell
Hate when this happens :)
Homemade popcorn for the youth activity
Sister Pauga getting ready for the activity
Sister Pauga, Kara and Anjala
Hiking 3 Sisters Mountain
Labasa District