Monday, November 4, 2013

Suva, Sisters and Savusavu

The past 9 days have been really crazy!  Last Tuesday we left for Suva and came back  to Somosomo on Thursday.  Then yesterday we went to Savusavu, and came back home this morning.  We went to Sister's Conference in Suva, and it was way awesome!  And then we had a Zone P-day/training yesterday in Savusavu.  Itt feels good to be back home in Somosomo!

The Sisters Conference was AWESOME!  We have 27 sisters in the mission right now, which is the most they have ever had!  This time last year, there were 10 sisters so it has increased so much which is great.  There are so many awesome sisters that we had the opportunity to meet.  We all were able to come to Suva and stay for two nights.  Sister Bechu and I arrived on Tuesday night, after taking a boat, a car, and a plane to get there…all modes of transportation, minus a horse and teleportation.  But we got there safe and sound, AND STAYED WITH OUR OLD COMPANIONS!!! Haha it was so fun!  Since Sister Bechu and my old comp Sister Aoina just switched areas, we asked if we could stay with them in Suva, and we did.  It was so fun to see them again, and we had a great time! 

Wednesday we were in the meeting pretty much all day, and it was great.  We had trainings from the sister trainers, and the two office sisters, as well as the mission president and his wife.  There were lots of really great things said, and a lot of things that I needed to hear.  I always feel better when I come out of those meetings because I feel like I have the spiritual recharge that I needed to get the missionary fire lit under my pants!  But one thing that really stood out to me was the topic that the two office sisters shared.  They are both older sisters, and their husbands have since passed away, so they decided to go on a mission together.  Their message was about choosing to be happy.  One of them said, 'Happiness is a choice, and our Heavenly Father wants us to choose to be happy and smile.”  I really liked that, and I'm trying each and every day to choose to be happy, so that I can share my happiness and love with those that need it!

When we returned home from Suva, we met with our investigators and a few less actives, and also had a baptism on Sunday!  He was so excited to be baptized, and all the young men came to support him.  It was really cute, and we are so excited for Peni!  Then yesterday, we took the boat again to the other island for a zone pray.  It was way fun, we played volleyball and rugby, and then last night we had a zone training, which was great too.  We are excited to be back in Somosomo though.  It's always good to go for meetings, but there is no place like home! 

This week there is a huge soqo, or meeting, in the village.  They are getting a new chief, so there are lots of ceremonies, and feasts that are happening. Lots of our members and investigators are helping with it, so maybe one day we will go and see what's going on.  

All in all the work is going well. We are having some trouble trying to help our less actives come back to church, but slowly and surely we are doing all that we can to help them know that they are loved, and they are missed at church.  Hopefully we can help bring them back to the fold.  The language is still difficult, but with my awesome Fijian companion, hopefully my language continues to improve!

I love all of you, and I hope that this week everyone chooses to be happy! :)

PS SHOUT OUT TO MY NOT-SO-LITTLE-ANYMORE-BROTHER DEAN TRAMMELL!!! The big 18 on Friday! Ladies, he's legal now! ;)

Loloma levu,

Sister Trammell

Sister Crowell, Sister Tuahivaatetonohiti, Kara and Sister Wright reunited in Fiji!
They were roommates in the MTC

Kara and Sister Aoina

Dinner…just kidding, but it is a cow’s foot!

Another baptism