Monday, November 25, 2013

Lami Lovin'

Bula vinaka from Lami!  It's me, Sister Trammell, and I'm here to tell you a few things about my week. 

1.  My new companion is Sister Faasalafa!  She is great, she's from Samoa, and just got out of the MTC last week. She is so eager and diligent in learning Fijian.  She is never afraid to open her mouth and try to speak, which is completely the opposite of how I was when I first started.  She is such a blessing!  I am excited to keep working here with her.

2.  Lami is a HUGE area!  There are TONS of buses, cars, people, shops...all things I'm not used to yet haha.  But the area we have is pretty big, we've been doing lots of walking, trying to find all the members in the ward. 

3.  The ward is great!  We met the Bishop and his family on Saturday, and they are great.  We are to keep working with him to try and figure out what things we can do to help the ward continue to grow strong.  And the members are awesome!  We have tried to go around meeting as many people as we can these past few days, so it's been fun getting to know them and their families.  There are a few prospective missionaries that we are hoping will be able to come with us and help us continue to get to know the area.

4.  Heavenly Father really does answer prayers, even if they are small and simple!  This week was full of prayers asking for the help to remember faces, places, and names.  I am so grateful for the answers to prayer we can receive!

One cool story from this week.  There are 2 Return Missionaries who are going around the area and working on cleaning up the CMS list and in doing so, they found 2 referals for us!  Both of the mothers of the kids are members, but less active, but when the 2 RMS went around, the mothers said that they wanted their sons to hear about the gospel.  They were just waiting for us to come around yesterday.  We were able to contact both of them, and the boys were excited to meet us and I could tell that the moms were excited as well.  I think they just needed that extra love and reminder that "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God!" (D&C 18:10)

Sorry this is a little short, but just know that everything is going well!  I always have a prayer in my heart for everyone back home, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  Even though times get tough on the mission, there is always one person who knows how we are feeling, and who knows exactly how to help us, and that is our Savior Jesus Christ! 

Loloma levu,

Sister Trammell